Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Bundle of JOY!!



I must say I am quite relieved.....To say the truth, I have never seen a baby ...as in a baby so small in my life..as in before my own..

For me....a baby is a picture of chubby cheeks, big round eyes ,rosy cheeks and a sloppy smile....so when The husband and I saw ours for the first time properly....we were disappointed....at least I was...
Where was my chubby baby?..where was the "baby" I had been dreaming of?...The place I delivered my baby had added to that dream by putting these big sized posters of very prosperous babies all over.....
The Husband and I felt a bit short-changed..with our little ET look alike ....

But..now Joy is a little over a month old and HAS HE CHANGED...
The past month has been a revelation for the Husband and I...everyday with our son has been a learning experience...We now instinctively know...when is the right time to change our baby's diaper...clean his poop....or wipe puke off his face .

All these days, I would complain how...none of his "newborn" clothes were the right size..as in they were all just too big for him..and there was no way I was going to let my son look like a "clown". Now suddenly I am having to bring out clothes which I had put away 'coz 'they wouldn't be needed for a while' .
My little bundle of Joy now changes his clothes thrice a day(not counting the ones soiled with pee and poop)..thanks to his over enthusiastic mom who wants him to wear all the smart clothes bought for him ... before it's too late.

The Husband and I have no hangups about hand-me-downs.... so the other day I visited a cousin of mine who has two lil boys aged 4 and 2....I came back home loaded with all the brands under the sun.... Joy now wears...Marks and Spencers onesies during the day and Carters Rompers to sleep.... He has a few sets of Ralph Lauren casuals and a few sets of Polo Sport tracks and also some very smart baby GAP shoes and the most precious of them all.... a pair of LEVIS ....
You don't get LEVIS in his size here.... and I am so excited and waiting for all three of us (Like Papa bear,Momma bear and Baby bear) all dressed in our Blue Levis ready to go out for the day.

Our son has already been out ... for lunch to Mainland China.. his parents favourite Chinese place....that place has a special place in our lives.....The Husband and I met there for the first time...( will write about how it all happened soon)..so it was quite apt that Joy's first lunch out would also be to MLC.....

Yesterday , being saturday...The Husband was home.... and so we went out shopping....( which I have come to the conclusion..The Husband HATES and Junior... I feel...finds BORING... much to my despair...) Actually, come to think of it...I thank God for that... so now I can shop in peace with out sulking tag- alongs....or the "we have an opinion"types.....will just leave them both home... and have a good time with The Husbands credit card....LOL....yippeee!!!

Anyways, coming back to yesterday,... we went to pick up some stuff for Joy.... a bathing chair .. which he loves by the way.... lounges in it as if he were relaxing in the French Riviera....and The maid, The Husband and I were his hand maidens..... massaging him, giving him a manicure or a pedicure....LOL....what a life....!!!

We were in this shopping place and The Husband and I smelt something familiar... our favourite coffee bar....so we looked at each other and said .. "Why not?"....so in we went..

Joy seemed to like the place... coz he fell asleep...in a few minutes and the smell of the coffee and all the noise didn't seem to bother him at all... All I can say is that Barista has gotten itself a new very very young client.. who will be visiting often .... as of now with his parents and soon.... with his own set....to hang out....play scrabble..strum the guitar....or just drink some Latte....

The Husband and I then went to visit some friends..who have a little 15 month old brat....he is the cutest kid I have ever seen and also the friendliest....The Husband and I had seen him about a month ago .. when Joy was born..... and were surprised to find that he wasn't the little baby we thought he was anymore.... He had grown.... into this Little-Big boy... the growth spurt was so visible.. that we were speechless... could one month do this to a kid.... common.. how long is a month anyways....

Both, The Husband and I looked down at Joy and realised that our"tadpole" wasn't looking like a tadpole anymore either....and he too was just a little over a month old...He was now looking like the baby we had been dreaming of...He had grown too....

On our way home ... we spoke about this...and felt silent...very soon our "little bundle of JOY" wouldn't be "little" anymore....

3 comments:

Anusha said...

The first picture is fantastic :)Good job! you must be doing well if he's growing so fast :)

little ET look alike ....
this is exactly how my DH first referred to ours - and the name stuck for at least the first couple of weeks.
Oh, and expect a LOT of changes the first 3-4 months...looking back at K's newborn pictures, I can't believe it is the same kid that we brought home over a year ago.

Anonymous said...

he looks so cute... looks like u have settled in with him... hows dipto coping up... started reading out "feluda" to him? :)u can mail me at lopadeb@gmail.com

Thinking Cramps said...

awww...he looks adorable. a hug to him from me!