Monday, August 20, 2007

5 teeth... peek -a -boo ...tooki... and potty tra......

It's been ages.... I know... but what to do... I am guilty.... and I have no one to blame but myself.
I have been in the middle of a very hectic month at work.... plus a lot of activity at home.. what with relatives visiting...organising and coordinating with the packers and movers.. etc.... changing addresses all over..... subscriptions, bank accounts, gas conections, broadband and worldspace and whatnot.... am going around like a person who is on the verge of a breakdown..... so today I decided to come home early... got a lift with a colleague...came home to find Joy fast asleep....so suddenly realised I had a few minutes to myself.....
I am sitting and typing this hoping I will be able to write a few lines before Joy wakes up and demands his Mommy time....
Joy will be a year in a few days....we shift to Gurgaon on the 1st.... my inlaws come in to visit from the 3rd and celebrate Joy's birthday with us....am glad they are being able to do so....
They are also bringing with them my most favourite person in their family... the husband's grand mother..... she is a darling.... am looking forward to her being here with us...
Am also glad that the husband's parents will be here for a week after we shift so they can help us settle in comfortably and also be at home with Joy for the first week in the new house.... I have to work two days that week....so am feeling good.
Joy has got 5 teeth....three on top and two on the lower gum.... he is still chewing and gnawing everything within reach .. my index finger has started looking like a shrivelled "bhindi"...
I have taken a photograph of him finally showing one tooth....will upload as soon as the husband manages to do so....
He is also babbling a lot now.. Joy rewarded his Pishi over the phone with a series of babbling sounds... and both of them had quite a conversation....
Joy has also started eating proper food.. yesterday he ate paneer and chawal .....and is also munching on roti with butter and cheeni and toast with the same as well... I think he likes the crunchy texture of the sugar against his gums..
We take Joy to the park every evening... and his latest is to want to climb up the slide......instead of sliding down....he also loves the monkey bars... and hangs as if he was born to do just that....even attempts pull ups.... trying to get the bar between his teeth and it honestly takes all my strength to keep him from being successful.
Joy's latest game with his Ma is tooki.... yes ...the same old game .. it's been his favourite since day one.... but now since he is crawling all over... he and his ma play this game all over the house.... however ... its like when a kid plays cricket and only wants to bat..... well.. in his game of Tooki..... Joy only wants to go seek.... Ma has to go and hide.... its been great fun... every day after work.. Joy and I play this game for almost an hour.... both of us are pooped by the end of it.... I am ready to drop... and can eat an elephant after the session.. and Joy drops off to sleep after all the exercise and his dinner and bath..... So I get to eat in peace and he sleeps ......peacefully....not bad na....???/( except for all the extra Kgs I am putting on thanks to the extra food)
Ok.. the last bit on his update is the most important and I have left it for the last....
Joy now sits on the "big potty".... as in the potty seat on the big potty and does his potty every morning. Yes I know.... YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!
My mom has been driving me mad the last few months about potty training him and I have written as well about it ..and how I refused to potty train anyone...he will learn it as and when he needs to....
On 15th August... yes I chose the date.... lol... no really it just happened ....coincidence... we were home and in the morning...Joy was making faces as if he was about to do his potty.... so I jumped up and got the potty seat out from the the drawer under the bed.. it was still in its plastic wrap..... ( all this time Joy was still attempting the potty business)and ran and put it on the potty and then ran to grab Joy before he does the job and got him undressed.. and everything... but I guess all the excitement must have stopped the motion for the lil fella... lol.... so.. that was that... the husband rolled around in laughter watching my craziness...
However , that very afternoon.... Joy was sleeping next to me... when I noticed him squirming in his sleep.. making faces.. like he does before his potty.... so I again picked him up and made him sit on his potty seat... he can sit now.. so was quite ok sitting and holding on to the handles... plus I think he just was feeling too potty to know what was happenning..... so it happened.... I was thrilled....even cleaning him was pretty easy with the potty shower... he loves the tickling feeling against his lil bummy...
The next day...I felt him squirm early in the morning at around 5 .30 am again.. now that is the time he usually wakes up ...so I made him sit on the pot again..... and success.... its been 5 days now and it has become a routine.... so no training was required.... it just happened....
and am glad...!!!
OK..... I hope to be able to write a little more often once we move to Gurgaon..... since I wont have any commuting to do... so will be a little more relaxed.... I shall also try and upload a number of photographs....
untill then......

2 comments:

Diligent Candy said...

All the best with the shifting and settling down...

And good boy Joy ...on the potty before he turns 1 ..amazing! Great going...

Good to see you blogging...

Unknown said...

Virgin Brazilian hair bundles online, Cheap Brazilian Hair online, Senior Virgin Hair Company has more than 10 hairstyles, Brazilian body wave hair, Brazilian straight hair, Brazilian loose wave hair, Brazilian loose deep hair bundles, Brazilian deep wave hair, Brazilian curly wave hair, Brazilian water wave hair, Brazilian kinky straight hair, Brazilian kinky curly weave, Brazilian Natural Wave Weave. Straight Headband Wigs