Friday, July 13, 2007

crisis # 2

I had just written about the first crisis after I started work.... that was Joy related...... well..... am two weeks into work and am also in the midst of crisis # 2.....

I got the viral fever....


Yes ...its being doing the rounds all over...the part time maids seem to have it...my upstairs Aunty has it.....some kids in my class have it...some of the teachers have got it... some of the husband's colleagues have it ...everyone seems to have gotten it.... WELL!!!!!! I definitely have .....

So,.... I am sick....have a heavy feeling in the head...feverish..temperature the last time I checked was 102 degrees.....body ache is tremendous and my throat feels as if it is going to burst...can hardly swallow.
I couldn't go to work on Friday....was in such a bad shape..... went to see the doc ..who refused to give me any antibiotics.... and told me to have patience and bear the viral out.....so that was that...I have been surviving thanks to a combination of crocin and combiflam and a betadine gargle..... so every 6 hours when the medicine starts wearing out .... i start to feel sick and disgusting again ...and then after a fresh dose am a little better.....I hate it when I am sick..... and since I am not sick that often....I hate it even more...
I was a little worried about Joy getting the viral.... but was told by the doc...that he would get it anyways and if he doesn't then I should count my lucky stars.....There wasn't much I could do to prevent him anyways.... he was at home with me....I was home the whole day....and he was all over me.... despite my shutting myself up in my room there is only so much you can do when there is a lil someone banging his lil fists on my door and screaming his lungs out.....
Anyways I have to go back to work on Monday and I hope I feel better by then.... and I hope and pray that neither Joy nor the husband get the viral from me.....its horrible..... and if they do....I will have to live with them and nurse them back to good health....I don't know which is worse..being sick or looking after someone who is sick.....specially if it is my shona baby..my lil Joy....



3 comments:

Diligent Candy said...

Get well soon :(

~nm said...

Hope you are feeling better today! And also will keep fingers crossed that Joy doesn't catch it!

Mystic Margarita said...

Hope you're feeling better, Tina. And congrats on starting work. Good luck! :)