Friday, July 13, 2007

We are moving

The husband and I got married in Jan 2003...and now have been married for almost 4.5 years.....in these 4.5 years we have moved 4 cities.....

First stop for us was Bangalore....we were there for a year and a half and then Hyderabad for a year and then Mumbai for 5 months.....and the last one being Delhi for the past year and a half......
It's become a standard joke in the family about our frequent moves and whether or not we shall be in the same place long enough for people to visit us a second time.... we have grinned and borne the brunt of all these jokes....

Each move for us has been a better posting or opportunity for the husband ...both financially and professionally...... and me... I get a job in each city before we can even finalise a house...lol....so we haven't had much of a problem.... we have gotten used to the shifting to such an extent that we even know the packers and movers numbers for each city...and what kind of packaging material would suit us best.....etc...

The reason why I am writing about our moves all over the country is because we are all set to move again..... this time not all the way across the country...but yes all the way across the border to Gurgaon.....
The husband's office is moving there by December and the husband has always maintained that he would prefer to live close to work....he hates commuting.....Now if I hadn't gone back to work.. I would have told him that he would have to do the commute cos there was no ways I would move.... But now that I have started work and my work place also happens to be in Gurgaon.....it just makes sense for us to move....
There is no point in each of us commuting .....in which case we would both spend less time at home and with Joy....so in this case.... we should move just to make matters easier for all of us...

We are now doing the rounds of brokers and apartments and everything.... with the hope of finding something suitable by September.
If anyone knows of any apartments going for rent in Gurgaon please do let us know.....

My school is in a very central part of Gurgaon and has some very nice residential complexes around it....so our main aim would be to find an apartment in one of these complexes....This would mean my commute time would be almost zero.... I could leave for work at 8.10 am and be home by 2.45 pm.....what more could one ask for ....????

I have a cousin who lives in one of these complexes and her two lil boys are Joys best friends.....so I know he will have a great time.... My cousins maid and mine are friends as well...so that solves two problems.... two important people who need to adjust well to the move....My son and the maid....


The husband and I were just talking about what all we need to get done before we move...and the list reminded us of our earlier moves..... we called some packers and movers today.....surveyors should be visiting us soon.....so yes we have set the ball rolling.....

My mum has been very supportive....despite knowing that my moving away would mean that she wouldn't get to see her darling grandson everyday.....she has been telling everyone she meets who ask her why we were moving and how both she and my great grandmother would miss out on Joy and stuff....that she supports our move.... she keeps talking about my in-laws who get to see their grandson only on and off.... and that she was lucky to have had us near her for so long.... plus Gurgaon was only an hour away..and she would see us on weekends and holidays etc.....
She has been a darling....and has been all positive about the move...specially happy that I was back at work and that I would now be close to home as well..

Anyways... we are moving.....so anyone in Gurgaon ..please get in touch ....and let me know if there are some nice apartments going ok....

3 comments:

Diligent Candy said...

Oh cool! :) I used to live there on Pashchim Marg, Phase 1 ....I do have the number of the realtor who helped us ...but, its 4-years-old, lemme know if you want it!
And, all the best with the move, get a mega HUGE house for Joy to rule over...

~nm said...

Will definitely let you know of any leads. But do let me know waht size of a house you are looking at and with what budget.

DC said...

Hello there... came across your blog... we (husband and myself)have been living in Gurgaon for the last 3 years or so... we stay in Phase V (Princeton Estate).. just behind Genpact... I believe there are some apartments available here... I saw the 'available for rent' notice in the community hall today... a 3BHK would be available for 15K or so I presume.. hope this helps. Do get in touch if you need any further information. Glad to help if I can... ciao.